APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR THE H.B. MCDANIEL FOUNDATION AWARDS 2017
Two special counseling and guidance awards will be awarded to the outstanding group or team for 2017. These awards are established in honor of the late H.B. McDaniel, considered to be the “Father of counseling and guidance in California”.One award recognizes an individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the field of counseling and guidance. The second award recognizes a group or team who has developed and implemented an exemplary program in counseling and guidance.
H.B. MCDANIEL GROUP AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING COUNSELOR
Nominate an Individual if he/she has:
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership.
- Made significant contribution to the field of counseling and guidance.
- Provided a unique professional counseling service or has developed or -directed a guidance program that has proven to be effective and serves as a model for others.
- Contributed to the profession of counseling for a minimum of five years.
- Provided leadership in counselor education.Completed outstanding research in counseling and guidance.
H.B. MCDANIEL GROUP AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP
Nominate a Group if they have:
- Developed and are conducting a comprehensive model program or project.
- Completed significant research resulting in a major impact in the field.
- Proven program effectiveness (research-based).
WHAT TO SUBMIT BY MARCH 10, 2017
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. A Program Description of the significant contributions from the nominee(s) which includes:
a. Target population(s) served
b. Length of time of involvement in the program or activity
c. Impact on targeted population or activity.
d. Evidence and results data for each area of impact.
Please complete the Awards Application that follows. Save your completed application packet as a .doc or .docx file in Microsoft Word. Be sure to include your last name in the file name. Email completed application materials to:
Yolanda Juarez: email@example.com
Deadline for application: Friday, March 10, 2017
Note: Each applicant may apply for one award. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to consider which of these awards best represents their interests.