Join SFSU's Counseling Student Association for a day of workshops, networking, and a film screening. This event is geared towards counselor professional development with the ultimate goal of furthering our various tools, techniques, and cultural competencies to support our diverse clients.
Keynote Workshop with Jacqueline V. Reza, EdD
Screening of If These Halls Could Talk with Director Lee Mun Wah.
- Aromatherapy and Physical Practices for Mental Health
- Working in Community Mental Health: What To Do and What Not To Do.
- Overall well-being of undergraduate students
- Overview of Narrative Therapy
- Myth of Jung’s techniques in the field of counseling.
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- 21st Century Dying – Opportunities for Counselors
- Disability Justice and Awareness
- Tools for Empathic Presence: An Introduction to Nonviolent Communication (NVC) for Counselors and Therapists in Training
Register at http://tinyurl.com/counselingsymposium
$25 Students/$35 Professionals
$15 Film Screening Only
CEUs available through the California Counseling Association.
This event is hosted by the Counseling Student Association of San Francisco State University. For more information about this event, please contact email@example.com.
The Counseling Student Association welcomes personals with disabilities and can make reasonable accommodations upon request. If you need reasonable accommodations for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2015.